At the annual conference for the New England Society for Healthcare Communications (NESHCo), Manchester, NH-based marketing innovation company Griffin York & Krause (GY&K) was the winningest agency, receiving 16 awards for excellence in healthcare marketing and communications for its work developed for five hospital and healthcare clients throughout New England.
“As an agency who works on everything from soda to barbeque sauce to lottery tickets to healthcare, we certainly understand consumer marketing,” said Travis York, President at GY&K. “In healthcare, we’ve been able to stay ahead of the trend towards consumerization through innovation.”
GY&K was honored for its work with clients including Stamford Hospital in Stamford, CT; Eastern Connecticut Health Network in Manchester, CT; Bristol Hospital in Bristol, CT; Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, NH and Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth Lebanon, NH. Awards were presented for categories including website development, logo design, collateral materials, outdoor and print advertising, design and development of external periodicals and direct mail, production of special events and the execution and management of a social media campaign and the artistic design for a vinyl wrap on a hospital vehicle.
“We’re very excited to have been recognized as one of the top agencies for healthcare communications,” said Pat Griffin, Chairman and CEO of GY&K. “We were in the company of some of the most well-known agencies and hospitals throughout New England and I couldn’t be more proud of our work.”
The 16 awards presented to GY&K include:
- GOLD: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Online Advertising Campaign
- GOLD: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Billboard and Transit Advertising Campaign
- GOLD: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Campaign with Total Marketing Effort of $50,000+
- GOLD: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Blog
- GOLD: Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth’s CHaD Storybook Ball Direct Mail
- GOLD: Eastern Connecticut Health Network Better Being Newsletters
- SILVER: Bristol Hospital Bariatric Advertising Campaign
- SILVER: Eastern Connecticut Health Network Cancer Institute Newsletter
- SILVER: Catholic Medical Center Wine & Beer Tasting Special Event
- SILVER: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Website under $100,000 Total Budget
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Catholic Medical Center Bariatric Billboards
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Bristol Hospital Bariatric Television Advertising
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Eastern Connecticut Health Network Oncology Campaign
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Stamford Hospital The Mommylogues Logo Design
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth’s CHaD Storybook Ball Table Design
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Catholic Medical Center Wine & Beer Tasting Direct Mail Invitation
The most decorated program was Stamford Hospital’s The Mommylogues, which won six awards. The interactive online community juxtaposes a group of ‘moms’ who had delivered at Stamford Hospital with an ever-growing group of ‘OB experts’ comprised of OB physicians and nurses. Together, the collective voice showcases real stories with the real clinical expertise, offering moms and moms-to-be information when considering delivering at the hospital.
“In collaboration with Stamford Hospital, we’ve been able to stay ahead of the curve by creating a niche community,” said York. “This certainly is the most progressive platform we’ve seen from a provider…”
In addition to work with Stamford Hospital, over the last several months GY&K has launched a mobile app and mobile site for client Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) and was named Agency of Record for Dartmouth-Hitchcock.