Come work with us in our Boston MA or Manchester NH office we’ll work 3 days in the office, 2 days remote, in the spirit of 1 unified creative culture.
GYK Antler is looking for an emerging IT professional to serve as primary day-to-day help-desk resource for our 80+ employees as well as a full-time liaison between our company and our IT partner who is responsible for all servers and network hardware service and upkeep. This role will report to GYK Antler’s Director of Infrastructure and Support.
The focus of this role is on ensuring that the needs of our 80+ employees are being met in a timely manner. The IT Specialist must have a full understanding of all user concerns and will act as the primary internal contact to assist in getting these resolved. Supports needs are roughly 70% Mac and 30% PC with Windows 2012 file and application servers and an Active Directory network. We have a wide variety of software being used across all departments and locations.
The IT Specialist must have a deep understanding of all areas of Windows and Macintosh operating systems, and a willingness to learn more about servers, networking and firewall administration. A drive to improve your knowledge every day and an inherent technical aptitude will assist in the growth of the position. It is critical that you have an easy-going attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills are a must, as your primary contact will be with non-technical employees.
- Assist with development and evolution of the IT department at GY&K
- Perform day-to-day tasks including:
- Review and triage Help Desk ticket requests in conjunction with contracted managed services provider partner company
- Direct follow-up with end users in response to new and ongoing issues
- Inventory control of all IT hardware and software, including procurement
- Assist Director as needed in regards to new IT initiatives
- Assist in project managing IT related initiatives
- Manage the upkeep and mobile devices and conference room A/V systems across all locations
- Manage corporate phone system with 3rd Party vendor
- Have experience with all aspects of Windows OS and Macintosh OS systems
- Have strong familiarity of MS Office, Zoom, Slack, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Act as an internal technical knowledge leader in all aspects of IT supporting our staff
- Explain technology and issues in an easily understood way for non-technical users
- Stay abreast of trends and current events in all areas of technology as appropriate
- Be positive, be flexible and be curios
- Bring the best version of you each day
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar programs
- 1-3 years experience in end-user specific help desk situations
- Familiarity with a wide-range of mobile and desktop technologies
- Troubleshooting technology issues and being able to articulate that clearly to both internal and 3rd party staff
- Ability to work alone or with a team, often with tight and aggressive deadlines
- A passion for digital technologies and their use as a whole
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay organized
- General familiarity with all aspects of networking, servers, VoIP phone systems and WAN technologies