Content marketing is all the rage right now. Understandably so. It’s the best way to reach customers in a fashion that’s trustworthy, informative, and shareable. In fact, 91 percent of B2B marketers say they use it, according to research done by the Content Marketing Institute.
But there’s one platform that’s paying huge dividends to those who use it. Would you be surprised if I told you that SlideShare receives 500% more traffic from business owners than Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn?
I know I was!
It’s the most valued platform for business leaders and yet it’s still overlooked by a large portion of the marketing community.
Well I’m putting an end to this! Here’s what you need to know about the worlds largest content-sharing community for professionals.
See below for our SlideShare on how to land on the front page.
Why SlideShare Is The Best Content Tool for B2B companies
SlideShare’s been called the quiet giant of content marketing. For starters, SlideShare reaches 60 million visitors a month. The audience is highly professional (and made up of a wide variety of business people), so as a marketer, you know you have the opportunity to reach the right people by using SlideShare.
Not only will you reach the right audience using SlideShare, but because the service is a social community, people will naturally share your content (if it is good, of course) throughout their professional network.
So yes, content marketing is important, but visually appealing content can take your marketing to a whole new level. No longer do you need to rely on white papers and blog posts to get your content noticed. Visually appealing content is what your fans want.
As far as lead generation goes, SlideShare excels in this area because it gives you the ability to include a lead-gen form at the end of your presentation. Use this form to collect emails and follow up with people accordingly.
Also, SlideShare has an excellent analytics dashboard available for its pro customers, which allows you to measure key metrics around your presentation. See referring traffic and much more data to help you create the best SlideShare campaigns.
To recap, the five main reasons SlideShare is the best content tool out there:
- It reaches a professional audience
- It’s a social community, and the content can spread easily
- It’s a visual medium
- It’s useful for lead generation
- It has great analytics
SlideShare is a great tool if used well, but if you’re going to take the time to create a presentation, you mine as well try and reach the front page right?!
10 Essential Tips to Landing On The Front Page of SlideShare[br]
Results You Can Expect from A Successful Slideshare Campaign
If you execute a successful SlideShare campaign, here’s what you can expect:
- An SEO boost. Content marketing is the cheapest way to do SEO now, and as discussed above, Slideshare is the best tool marketers can use.
- Content that goes viral. Some of the most viral content on the Internet are slideshows. Big publishers including Forbes and Mashable use them for content.
- More traffic and leads. More people viewing your targeted ideas can mean more business for your company.
- More media coverage. Reporters are often more willing to embed a SlideShare file in an article because it comes from a neutral platform.
- New partners and business contacts. You can see who downloads your presentation and decide if it will be worthwhile to follow up with them.
How Explorics Uses Slideshare With Amazing Results
At Explorics, we use SlideShare as a key component of our content marketing strategy, and have seen thousands of views for our own personal presentations, as well as for our clients.
Have you used SlideShare as a B2B marketer? Why do you think it’s a great content marketing tool?